Friday, January 2, 2009

Trying to Eat More Protien, Help!

But I'm having a hard time trying to figure out how to get more of it into my diet. Here are my issues:

Meat - makes me sick, constipated, bloated, crampy. Especially chicken and beef. So as of right now I am only eating fish as a "meat" and I'm really sick of it already!

Seeds - don't like em'. I sneak about 10 of them into my oatbran and those 10 bites ruin the whole meal for me.

Nuts - trying to stay away from them due to Ivan's nut allergy and the high risk of passing something like allergies or asthma to this baby if I consume them while pregnant.

Beans - again with the major belly aches. Sometimes even worse than eating meat. The bloating is to painful to deal with.

Milk/Dairy - see meat and beans.

Tofu - this one I like only a couple of different ways, but I don't see how I can meet my daily requirement on it.

Eggs - I like, but at 6 grams per 1 med. egg it'll take a LOT more than an egg to reach my goal which is somewhere between 80-100 grams. It's a high # but that is due to other health issues.

I *hate* smoothies so protein shakes/smoothies are out. What do I do??!?!

1 comment:

shannon4j said...

Avocado's are a good source of protein!! Here's a link to an article and a GREAT site:
http://www.freedomyou.com/recipes/Avocados.htm

There are facts about avocados as well as a link for recipes.

Hope it helps!!