Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

NEW YEAR Pictures, Images and Photos

Last night the hubby and I talked about what kind of changes we would want to see happen in our lives in the new year. I could think of only 2 things that would really make a much needed difference in my life. Decisiveness and consistency. If I could focus on those 2 things I believe amazing transformations would begin to take place.

As far as the pregnancy goes. I need to be more consistent with... well, just about everything! I seem to eat right for half of the day and then get bored/tired/hungry/unprepared and eat whatever. I am getting increasingly annoyed with food as I still seem to be suffering (sometimes really bad) with bloating and cramping pain. Now that I'm pregnant, when I get bloated it feels like someone is blowing up a balloon behind the baby and there isn't anything I can do about it :-/ I had a plate of white pasta w/ a garlic, basil and coconut oil sauce and I felt like I was going to explode from the inside out. I felt instantly lethargic and had a hard time breathing for a couple of hours. WHAT is up with that?

I also get lazy with my vitamins. After the first 10 pills of the day I feel like giving up. It's pretty annoying to have to fill my belly with a huge glass of water whenever I eat so that these pills will go down. So... gotta work on that too.

And lastly, I need to exercise more often. I use a treadmill, rotate between several pregnancy workout videos, prenatal yoga and most recently, belly dancing :-) Working the body is something I thoroughly enjoy and simply need to carve out more time each day to do it. Right now I don't have any set routine so it kinda happens when it happens and don't when it don't.

Something I'm very excited about is my birth bin and birth binder. My birth bin is where I'll be collecting all of my birthing supplies. I made up my supply list last month and have been throwing things in here and there as I remember to pick them up :-) So much fun! Then there's my birth binder, which I will walk you through with pictures as soon as I get my ink cartridge refilled. My binder is filled with all sorts of cool stuff like food planners, vitamin schedule, inspirational birth related articles, Information regarding pregnancy or birth I want to keep on hand and stuff like that. My intention is to build it up over time and pass it on to my daughters when their time comes.

I also have sewing projects coming up. Hubby gave me a new sewing machine for Christmas and I am so excited that I'll be sewing again!!! I'm going to make 2 new diaper bags, a large one for long outings and a small one for shorter ones. I also plan to make a new pouch sling and a birth quilt. Yay!

So there's lots to look forward to in the New Year! I can't wait :-)

1 comment:

Blogger said...

3 Researches SHOW Why Coconut Oil Kills Waist Fat.

This means that you literally burn fat by eating Coconut Fats (including coconut milk, coconut cream and coconut oil).

These 3 studies from big medical journals are sure to turn the traditional nutrition world upside down!