Monday, December 8, 2008

Salad & Dinner Pics


This is a very simple but delicious salad!

Ingredients:

Arugula
Baby Spinach
Iceberg Lettuce
Cucumber Slices
Pine Nuts
Hemp Seeds
Dairy-Free Ranch Dressing
Udo's Oil

I needed to take my daily dose of Udo's Oil (Omega 3-6-9) so I came up with this simple salad. This is usually how my meals come to be... I need to get something in, I think up some kinda healthy way to disguise it. Could be worse, right? I could be eating McDonalds :-S

I'm very excited because this Friday I am heading over to my good friend Linda's house and she's going to teach me to prepare veggies Chinese style! They stayed with us for about a month this time last year and I was in heaven with all (ok, MOST) of the food they prepared. It was such a nice change to taste different textures and flavors! I can't wait! Hopefully I can get some good pictures while I'm there.


This was my dinner. It's sorta like a stew I guess, made with black beans, corn, broccoli, cauliflower and carrots in a thick broth made of water, tomato paste, salt, pepper, crushed garlic, dulse and onion powder. It was really delicious, especially with the brown rice!

No comments: