Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Day Two

So yesterday was the first day with hubby gone. I didn't really get anything done except for painting the closet area in the master bedroom. I took a couple of pictures but it's really hard to see the right colors with this webcam :-/ The new color is called Pecan Sandie, it's a neutral tan/beige color. It looks really good so far! I can't wait to get to the rest of the bedroom but I still have more cleaning to do before the room is ready.

You can see the purple color behind my belly cast and the new color in the little room behind it.

Here's another attempt to catch the color but it's just not right.


So far today I've gotten the kitchen done. Seems like a small enough task, and compared to last time it was, but the floors were pretty bad. Everything sticks to those tiles to the point where it's like scraping cement off of them. So it was sweep, mop, scrape, sweep mop. My hands HURT especially the space between the thumb and other fingers, OUCH! So much for taking it easy :-/ lol I also cleaned the front hall and swept (no vacuum, still) the upstairs hallway and staircase.

Still to do: clean and prep my bedroom so I can at least start to paint. Ivan was suppose to pull out our VERY heavy king size sleigh bed so I could paint behind it but with all the getting him ready we really didn't have a chance. So I'll have to wait until I can get a hold of at least one or two men before I'll be able to finish this room. Anyone up for moving the heaviest bed on earth?!?! :-)


No comments: